Do you know what you want to see added in Insurgency: Sandstorm? Are you a capable concept artist or game asset creator? It’s time to create something that could be officially added to our game!
Participants will have 6 weeks from July 19th, 2021 at 2:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”), until August 31st, 2021 at 2:00 PM ET (the “Contest Period”) to create and upload a set of four (4) cosmetic items combining into a fully-realized ensemble for the Security faction, a set of four (4) cosmetic items combining into a fully-realized ensemble for the Insurgent faction, weapon skin set that applies to six (6) Security weapons, or a weapon skin set that applies to six (6) Insurgent weapons.
NWI will select the top four (4) from each category (Insurgent character cosmetics, Security character cosmetics, Security weapon skin, and Insurgent Weapon Skin) and public voting will decide the winner from each category.
While there’s no specific theme, submissions that do not fit with the aesthetic of Insurgency: Sandstorm will not be considered as potential finalists.
$2,000 – Winner for Security Character Cosmetics
$2,000 – Winner for Insurgent Character Cosmetics
$2,000 – Winner for Security Weapon Skin
$2,000 – Winner for Insurgent Weapon Skin
SUBMISSION & JUDGING CRITERIA:
Submissions will be accepted as original Unreal Engine assets or as original concept art.
All submissions must be submitted to [email protected] by August 31st, 2021 at 2:00 PM ET. No changes will be permitted past this deadline.
During the week after submissions are closed, NWI will judge and decide on the top four (4) for each of the four (4) categories.
The Entrant warrants that Entrant’s Submission complies with the Submission Guidelines. Sponsor may display all Entries on the Sponsor’s website, and other Contest-related websites as well.
After these finalists have been determined there will be a public survey available where the public will be able to rank all the finalist submissions from least favorite to most favorite.
The top-rated submission from each category will then be deemed the winner and official assets will be created using the source material to be implemented into Insurgency: Sandstorm.
By winning this Contest, the Entrant grants to Sponsor and assigns a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, distribute and display Entrant’s Submission in whole or in part.
To qualify, the submitted assets must be original content created specifically for this contest. No copyrighted material (or content directly based on, or deemed to be too similar to existing material) will be permitted, and any submissions found to be plagiarized will be immediately disqualified.
If you are working as a team or using any custom content you must ensure you have full legal permission to use any and all work submitted, as well as being legally able to grant permission for New World Interactive and contest partners to use the submitted entry if selected.
The Insurgency: Sandstorm 2021 Community Cosmetic Contest
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR REGULATION. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE AT LEAST THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR JURISDICTION AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
1. SPONSOR: New World Interactive, LLC, located at 400 S. Broadway, Denver, CO 80209, USA (“Sponsor”).
3. ELIGIBILITY: Only people who (i) are residents of a jurisdiction where entry in the Contest is not prohibited by law, and (ii) are the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry, or are at least the age of 13 and have their parent or legal guardian’s permission to participate, are eligible to enter.
MINORS MUST ASK THEIR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN FOR PERMISSION TO PARTICIPATE. IF A PARTICIPANT IS A MINOR IN THEIR JURISDICTION, THEIR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES ALONG WITH AND ON BEHALF OF THEIR MINOR CHILD AND MUST SIGN AN AFFIDAVIT AND WAIVER PRIOR TO THEIR MINOR CHILD BEING ELIGIBLE TO BE A WINNER.
Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, their parent, subsidiary, affiliated or related companies, and all other entities associated with the creation, administration, promotion or fulfillment of the Contest, and each of their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related companies (collectively, the “Contest Entities”), and each of their immediate family members and persons residing in the same household of such family members are not eligible to enter or win the Contest. All eligibility is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
4. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins on July 19th, 2021 at 2:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on August 31st, 2021 at 2:00 PM ET (the “Contest Period”). Sponsor’s computer will be the official clock for the Contest. All Entries must be received during the Contest Period to be eligible to win a prize.
5. HOW TO ENTER; SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: An Entrant may submit multiple entries (each, an “Entry”). Entries may be created by teams of up to 5 individuals (a “Team”), though each Entry may only be submitted under a single email address.
To enter the Contest and obtain 1 Entry, during the Contest Period
1. Create your Submission, which must conform to the Submission Guidelines below.
2. Send an email to [email protected] with the subject line “Community Cosmetic Contest Submission.” Attach your Submission or, if your Submission is over 25 MB, upload your Submission to a file sharing site like Dropbox, Google Drive, or similar sites and include the link to your Submission in the body of the email.
All Submissions must comply with the Submission Guidelines set forth below in this Section and will be subject to disqualification for failure to do so. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your Internet service may apply. Entry in this Contest does not constitute entry into any other promotion.
All entry components, including Submissions, will be considered part of the Entry. All Submissions must adhere to the following Submission Guidelines and Content Guidelines and will be subject to disqualification for failure to do so, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
The Submission must be the Entrant’s original work and owned 100% by the Entrant (if the Submission is created by a Team, each Team member’s contribution must be their original work and owned 100% by the Team member for submission to the Contest).
The Submission must be in one of the following categories (each, a “Category”):
- a set of 4 cosmetic items combining into a fully realized ensemble for the Security faction,
- a set of 4 cosmetic items combining into a fully realized ensemble for the Insurgent faction,
- a weapon skin set that applies to 6 Security weapons, or
- a weapon skin set that applies to 6 Insurgent weapons
The Submission may be in either of these formats:
- Unreal Engine asset file (.uasset format), or
- Concept artwork (.jpg, .png, or .gif format)
The Submission cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means and must be an original work created specifically for the Contest. Remakes of previous content are not permitted.
Each Submission may only be sent once, and duplicate Submissions will not be counted. In cases where a Submission is sent multiple times (for example, if multiple Team members upload the Team’s Submission), only the first version of that Submission received will be counted;
The Submission may not contain any of the following:
- personal information (e.g., email address, name, phone number);
- disparaging or libelous remarks about any individuals, organizations, brands or companies;
- reference, to or depiction of, the name or likeness of any public or private person;
- reference to, or depiction of, any political, religious or other group or organization;
- reference to, or depiction of, any content or brands owned by any third party or entity or that otherwise infringes any third party’s copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity, right of privacy, including, without limitation, brand names, logos, taglines, slogans, artwork, or existing weapons and equipment;
- advertisement or commercial solicitations;
- material that is inappropriate or unsuitable, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, including without limitation, any material that is inappropriate, indecent, profane, obscene, hateful, tortuous or offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group;
- material that violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- material that is, or may reasonably be considered to be, hate speech, whether directed at an individual or group;
- material for which the Entrant has been or will be compensated by any third party;
- material that refers to, depicts or encourages the commission of a civil or criminal offense;
- material that impersonates another person or entity; and
- any viruses, worms, bots, spyware, malware or any other computer code that is intended to damage, interfere with, or intercept or expropriate any system, data or information.
Entrant warrants that Entrant’s Submission complies with the Submission Guidelines. Sponsor may display all Entries on Sponsor’s website, newsletters, and social media, and other Contest-related websites as well in accordance to the Grant of Rights set forth in Section 6. All Entries submitted are the property of the Entrant, subject to the Grant of Rights set forth in Section 6.
6. GRANT OF RIGHTS: By participating in this Contest, the Entrant grants to Sponsor and Sponsor’s licensees and assigns, a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, distribute and display Entrant’s Submission in whole or in part, and otherwise exploit the Submission in all media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the universe, in any way Sponsor sees fit including, but not limited to, promotional, advertising and marketing purposes. In connection with all rights granted in these Rules, Sponsor (and Sponsor’s licensees and assigns) shall also have the irrevocable right to incorporate Submissions, in whole or in part, into other works, in any form, media, or technology now known or hereafter developed, including the Insurgency: Sandstorm game and other Sponsor game products. If necessary, the Entrant (and any constituent Team members who contributed to the Submission) will sign any necessary documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights the Entrant is granting Sponsor in the Submission.
Entrants also agree that any creative ideas, suggestions or other materials you submit in connection with this Contest, in any form, are not being made in confidence or trust and that no confidential or fiduciary relationship is intended or created between you and us in any way, and that you have no expectation of review, compensation or consideration of any type.
7. IDENTITY OF THE ENTRANT: In the event of a dispute over the identity of an Entrant, the authorized account holder of the email Account which submits the Submission at the time of Entry will be deemed to be the Entrant (the “Authorized Account Holder”). Each potential winner (individually, “Winner,” collectively “Winners”) may be required to show proof of being the Authorized Account Holder of the Account associated with the Entry. It is solely your responsibility to update your Account and notify Sponsor in writing if you change your email address or other identifying information contained within your Account. Multiple Entrants are not permitted to share the same email Account.
8. JUDGING: The Sponsor will review all Entries for compliance with these Rules. All qualifying Submissions received during the Contest Period will be judged on or about September 10th, 2021 by a panel of judges comprised of New World Interactive team members, who are experienced industry designers and producers (“Judges”) based on the following judging criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
– Creativity (up to 50 points)
– Visual Aesthetics (up to 25 points)
– Originality (up to 25 points)
The maximum number of points awardable is 100.
The top 4 Submissions in each Category will be posted on Sponsor’s website and social media for public viewing. The public judging period (“Public Judging Period”) will begin on September 13th, 2021 at 12:00 AM ET and end on September 19th, 2021 at 11:59 PM ET, during which the public will be invited to judge the Submissions by voting in a public survey to be made available on Sponsor’s website at www.newworldinteractive.com/communitycosmetic.
The qualifying Entrant whose Submission has the highest result from calculating the number of votes at the end of the Public Judging Period in each Category will be declared the finalists (“Finalists”).
Any Entry found falsely or fraudulently accumulating votes will have those votes removed and their Entry excluded from competition. In the event of fraudulent voting, Sponsor may take action such as resetting the vote count, removing suspected fraudulent votes, or extending the Public Judging Period in response.
In case of a tie for a place among the Finalists in each Category, the tied Entrant with the higher total number of points for Creativity to their Submission will be chosen.
The judging and final determination of the Winners will be in the sole discretion of the Judges. The Judges reserve the right to extend the Contest Period or not to award the Prizes if they determine, in their sole discretion, that entries received did not meet the qualification standards based on the Judging Criteria.
10. PRIZES: Only the Prizes listed below will be awarded in this Contest. If the Winner is a Minor, the Prize will be awarded for the benefit of the Minor to their parent or legal guardian, who will be solely responsible on behalf of the Minor for all applicable documentation and taxes.
The Prize for the Winner in each of the following categories is USD $2,000:
– Security Character Cosmetics
– Insurgent Character Cosmetics
– Security Weapon Skin
– Insurgent Weapon Skin
TOTAL ARV OF ALL PRIZES: $8,000 USD.
Additionally, each Winner’s Submission may be featured in a future update to Sponsor’s Insurgency: Sandstorm game, subject to Sponsor’s game update schedule and the feasibility of creating an in-game version of the Submission. Sponsor cannot and does not guarantee that any Winner’s Submission will be featured in-game. Sponsor’s usage of the Submission in the game will be conditioned upon the receipt of a signed Winner’s Release.
11. PRIZE CONDITIONS: With respect to all Prizes, Sponsor is not responsible for lost or stolen prize certificates/redemption letters.
Winners located outside of the United States are solely responsible for payment of any Prize-related transaction costs and taxes, including any bank or payment processor fees, or taxes charged by your local jurisdiction or the United States government.
Winners are responsible for any and all local, state and federal taxes. For US residents, the value of the Prizes will be treated as income to the Winners and a 1099 will be issued for any Prize valued at $600 or more. Prizes are not transferrable. No substitution is allowed except, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, a Prize of equal or greater value may be substituted for any reason. In the event that a Prize component is not available for any reason, the remaining elements of the Prize will constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s prize obligation to Winner and no additional compensation will be awarded. The Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Prize elements may not be separated.
12. DISQUALIFICATION/FORCE MAJEURE: Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who Sponsor determines to be: (A) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, acting in violation of these Rules, including software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated votes; (B) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner; (C) disrupting or undermining the legitimate operation of the Contest; (D) annoying, abusing, threatening or harassing any other person, or (E) offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public, vote farming, or any other activity that artificially inflates such Entrant’s votes as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Contest if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Contest is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play, or feasibility of the Contest as contemplated in these Rules. If an insufficient number of eligible entries are received or Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing the Contest as contemplated in these Rules by any event beyond its control (“Force Majeure Event”), including fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction, then Sponsor will have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Contest. If the Contest is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the Winners from all eligible, non-suspect Entries received as of the date of the Force Majeure Event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such selection process will be each Entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Only the type and quantity of Prizes described in these Rules will be awarded.
13. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Acceptance of any Prize constitutes Winner’s permission for the Contest Entities to use Prize Winner’s name, photograph, image, likeness, name, hometown, voice, biographical information, statements and prize information, including those of each Team member (collectively, the “Attributes”), for advertising and publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further compensation or authorization, (except where prohibited by law), and releases the Contest Entities from all claims arising out of the use of such Attributes.
14. DISCLAIMERS: The Contest Entities will not be responsible for: (A) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled, or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (B) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (C) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond Sponsor’s control or by non-authorized human intervention; or (D) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest. ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY).
15. GENERAL RELEASE: By entering the Contest, each Entrant, for Entrant and for Entrant’s heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns: (A) releases and holds harmless the Contest Entities from any liability whatsoever, and waives any and all causes of action, for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising, directly or indirectly, out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, or use of or inability to use any Prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory; (B) agrees that Contest Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any Prize, including, without limitation, to such Prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose; and (C) agrees to be bound by these Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error in these Rules or in the Contest itself, and to be bound by all decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final.
16. DISPUTE RESOLUTION:
17. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
- All disputes, actual or alleged claims and causes of action at law or in equity (“Claim(s)”) will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these Rules, in connection with any Claims, judgments and awards, Entrant waives all rights to attorneys’ fees, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages, and to any multiplied damages.
- In no event will Entrant be entitled to recover any expenses other than reasonable and actual out-of-pocket expenses.
- Sponsor’s entire liability and your sole and exclusive remedy will be limited to a distribution of the equivalent amount of Prizes set forth in these Rules.
18. MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS:
(A) If any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Rules will otherwise remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained in the Rules.
(B) All Claims arising out of or relating to this Contest, including, without limitation, the interpretation of the Rules or any prize awarded will be resolved by applying the laws of Colorado, USA, without regard to conflict of laws, and will be solely and exclusively brought in the state or federal courts within Colorado.
19. WINNER’S LIST/RULES REQUEST. For the Winner List, send an email with the subject line: “2021 Community Cosmetic Contest Winner List Request” to [email protected] after September 22nd, 2021 and before December 22nd, 2021.
To obtain a copy of these Rules before August 31st, 2021, send an email with the subject line: “2021 Community Cosmetic Contest Official Rules Request” to [email protected].