Update February 21, 2015
February 20, 2015
- New Competitive playlist featuring custom 5v5 Firefight gameplay designed specifically for high intensity competitive matches. This mode is in “beta” and will eventually feature a team vs team matchmaking and rank system. In the meantime, please give it a try and provide us with your feedback here.
- News on the main menu now uses HTML (Chromium). This also allows Sourcemod plugins the ability to show HTML MOTDs.
- Fixed Windows dedicated server memory leak which would cause servers to appear to lag after being online for a while.
- Fixed client-side engine crash caused by a stack overflow when rendering too many objects into the cascaded shadow maps.
- Fixed the game not starting at the user’s native resolution. New installs were defaulting to the resolution below the user’s native resolution which caused issues on some laptops and older displays.
- Fixed crash when shooting through multiple breakable props.
- Fixed client-side crash related to the index buffer running out of memory.
- Fixed some minor client-side memory leaks.
- When the number of defenders outnumbers capturers on a capture point, the capture progress will reverse rather than freezing.
- In Firefight, the round will no longer end if there is a round-determining objective being contested.
- Disabled resupply timer if the player has not left spawn yet.
- Direction of weapon recoil is now influenced by the way the player is leaning.
- Improved ragdolls to make the bodies of killed players briefly look like they’re reacting to being hit before collapsing.
- The player’s score is no longer displayed while alive outside of the spawn area.
- Smoke grenades now correctly block player spotting.
- Improved enemy spotting at closer ranges.
- Footstep volume for third person increased and falloff over distance redefined.
- Reduced the C4 and IED damage penetration radius by approximately 25%.
- SKS magazine size reduced to 20.
- Fixed chest rig and chest carrier not giving the player extra M203/GP-25 smoke rounds.
- Grenades dropped on the ground will only have 1 ammo. This prevents some instances where players can have 6 frag grenades, for example.
- Added simple surface check to bipods to improve deployment position.
- Flagged some ragdoll related cvars that made it easier to confirm kills as cheats.
- For custom maps, ladders will now work correctly without requiring the player to jump onto them.
User Experience Improvements
- On the kit menu, only pressing the [X] will remove the item and clicking the item name will take you to the item slot that item belongs to.
- The kit menu now sorts items by their supply cost. You can revert back to alphabetical by entering cl_inventory_sorting_method 0 into the console.
- Added some HQ voice over lines to Occupy to inform the player of the win conditions when the timer runs out.
- Bot pathfinding now has bots take different routes if many bots are going the same way.
- Improvements to attack behavior: bots move towards cover to fire, fixed bot ironsight use and improved performance.
- Bots are no longer dead-accurate at longer ranges.
- Bots should no longer fire RPGs into spawn areas or at recently spawned players.
- Fixed instances where the default supply would not be enough for some of the class loadouts, causing some odd behavior whenever the player gained supply.
- Fixed impact detonation grenades detonating too early.
- Fixed the game resetting your microphone volume to 100%.
- Fixed player eyes looking in wrong directions or being solid black.
- Switching between flash and smoke in the kit menu will now correctly update the kit list.
- Fixed T-pose player model in kit selection UI when no weapons were selected.
- Fixed mods from Steam Workshop being read in large chunks, which caused stability issues with the game and Steam itself.
- Fixed connecting to a server from the Steam friends list or server browser.
- Fixed scoreboard headers not displaying the team name or emblem after a resolution change.
- Fixed some instances where the weapon model in first person spectator would be incorrect when the player you are spectating resupplied.
- Added more checks for removing a player’s flashlight.
- OSX Fixes:
- The UI now renders fonts correctly.
- Fixed radial command subtitles being cut off in the chat window.
- Fixed wave display showing “W” instead of “WAVES”.
- Mouse over events now work properly, resulting in working mouse over highlights on the squad menu and tooltips on the kit menu.
- Fixed class name being cut off on kit screen.
- Fixed several exploits throughout the map.
- Fixed a broken cubemap at B push.
- Fixed an exploit at Market square.
- Fixed several framedrops throughout the map.
- Adjusted clipping a bit to improve player movement.
- Fixed player able to get stuck on the blue tarp at A Push.
- Fixed several small issues throughout the map.
- Fixed several exploits throughout the map.
- Potential fixes for trap spots.
- Raised the ceiling in the garage rooms so players can jump over the railings.
- Fixed some sections of the maps where nodraw could be seen.
- Added a player clip on a window ledge in lobby so players couldn’t exploit it.
- Added a wall behind a fence where the skybox was visible.
- Added a player clip to avoid a potential stuck zone.
- Clipped planters in the hallways, so players can no longer hide inside them.
- Added extra entrances for the grape hut to allow easier access.
- Moved SEC spawn forward to improve balance.
- Fixed multiple exploits, reported by the community.
- Several gameplay improvements throughout the map.
- Reconstructed center hill objective area to be more of a firebase instead of ruins.
- Improved rock collision model.
- Additional clipping pass, to improve player movement.
- Added block los brushes, to make it harder for bots to see through trees.
- Simplified Push A room to improve level flow.
- Optimized several areas of the map.
- Fixed B capture zone reaching to far in the street for INS.
- B push set to a single room now.
- Increased fade distance of several props at the main street.
- Several gameplay improvements around and at A Push.
- Tweaked restricted zones.
- Fixed several exploits reported by the community.
- Fixed an issue, where players could capture the middle objective from inside a building.
- Fixed several exploits throughout the map, reported by the community.
Note regarding “Client Timed Out” errors
For those receiving “Client Timed Out” errors when connecting to servers, this issue has to do with being unable to connect to VAC (Valve Anti-Cheat) servers. This happens to people with other Source games that utilize VAC as well, and we have no plans to abandon VAC support in the game.
Since the issue is specifically related to a failed server connection, you may want to look into a few possible solutions on your end; your Steam settings (stable vs. beta, resetting your ClientRegistry), firewall settings, and/or anti-virus settings. For instructions how to reset your Steam ClientRegistry, try this link. Any of these may have an impact and potentially fix your ability to connect to VAC servers.