Molotov Spring Changelist
March 26, 2014
- New maps: Buhriz and Revolt.
- New weapon: FN FAL.
- New grenades: ANM-14 incendiary grenade, Molotov cocktail.
- New upgrades: 2x Aimpoint, Elcan 3.4x Scope, wooden foregrips for AKM/AKS.
- New upgrade options for M-40A1 and Mosin Nagant including suppressors and optics.
- New game modes: Infiltrate, Flashpoint and Occupy.
- Updated game modes: Strike and Ambush.
- New matchmaking category specific to single-life game modes. Objective-based respawning modes are now referred to as “Adversarial”.
- All new AI for Cooperative and offline practice mode.
- All new Cooperative missions for each map (plus new maps).
- Fixed client side crash caused by being deafened by explosions.
- Fixed client side crash caused by player death.
- Fixed client side “OnDataChanged” crash.
- Fixed Linux coop server crash.
- Fixed broken radial menu on OSX.
- Increased the sound channel limit, which should reduce performance drops caused by the audio system.
- Added Level of Detail to player models for improved performance especially on open maps.
- Added centralized system for HQ messages which also features queueing so radio messages don’t play over one another.
- At the end of the round players are now told the winning condition that was met so that players better understand what caused the round to end.
- Fixed weapon dropping so weapons and grenades no longer fall through the ground or disappear quickly after being dropped.
- Strike is now a single life game mode with only 1 cache to locate and destroy.
- Unless you are in a spawn zone, you now must be directly looking at a cache to open the inventory menu with the Use key.
- Made all hold/toggle control choices, such as crouch and ironsight, into separate keybindings instead. The game will detect old configs and will setup the new bindings appropriately depending on their settings.
- Added “mp_player_spotting” server-side option to disable target spotting.
- Added resupply delay to prevent people spamming explosives from their spawn/friendly caches.
- You no longer get unbipodded when a player walks past you.
- Fixed counter-attack in Checkpoint being triggered with only 1 player left alive.
- The final objective in Checkpoint now has a counter-attack round with the bots starting from the previous objective.
- Added 3 second delay to weapon being lowered in restricted area, time configurable through “mp_restricted_area_wpn_time”.
- Addressed some of the hit detection issues by using specific outer bounds for player collision.
- Added “sv_hud_deathmessages_spectator” which allows you to turn on death notices for spectators.
- Added “cl_hud_deathnotice_show_demo” which allows you to force on death notices during demo playback, regardless of server setting at the time of recording.
- Fixed pistol not being deploy when you become the VIP.
- Fixed VIP viewmodel hands not being used when playing as the VIP.
- Fixed scroll up behavior when you have no primary weapon.
- Fixed problem with receiving pistol in training.
- Fixed incorrect knife weapon class.
- Fixed localization issues with joining the spectator team.
- Fixed some materials that had script errors generating console warnings.
- Fixed “Spectating” caption sometimes showing up when it shouldn’t.
- Cache discovery sounds now play to entire team, not just squad of discoverer.
- Fixed floating weapons around the map (still a known bug with floating attachments).
Accessibility and UI Improvements
- Added French and Portuguese (Brazilian) localization.
- Updated Simplified Chinese and Dutch localization.
- Updated Game Controller configuration using settings from CSGO.
- New dedicated HUD element for warning players about restricted areas.
- Adjusted PO-4x reticule.
- Style changes to game instructor.
- Milliseconds shown on game timer when there is less than a minute remaining.
New Voice Responses
- Friendly subordinate and friendly squad leader down.
- Player wounded.
- Molotov and Incendiary throw callouts.
- Molotov and Incendiary burns.
- Cooperative bots performing aggressive investigation for player.
- Cooperative bots flashbang reaction.
- Cooperative HQ game start, counterattack start, counterattack end.
- Cooperative RPG callouts.
- Destroy objective radial callouts.
- HQ and player objective related dialogue for points Foxtrot through Juliet.
- HQ dialogue for Infiltrate, Occupy, Flashpoint, Vendetta, and Strike for both game start and round start.
- Aced It!
- Decisive Victory: Buhriz
- Decisive Victory: Contact
- Decisive Victory: District
- Decisive Victory: Heights
- Decisive Victory: Market
- Decisive Victory: Ministry
- Decisive Victory: Peak
- Decisive Victory: Siege
- Decisive Victory: Complete