Posted on May 20, 2020
May 2020, 2020
THIS ROLE IS LOCATED IN CALGARY, AB AND WE ARE ONLY CONSIDERING CANADIAN CITIZENS / PERMANENT RESIDENTS.
Are you a talented level designer looking to work on cutting-edge games?
New World Interactive is building our team in Calgary and we’re seeking a level designer to join us as we continue working on Insurgency Sandstorm and move into production on our next FPS title. Please review the following details before applying:
- Creating and refining levels stated by the design pillars and technical specifications of the game.
- Designing missions, implementing gameplay elements such as objectives, spawns and AI encounters.
- Communicate and collaborate with any discipline in the team required to get the job done.
- Provide constructive feedback to other level designers to improve the levels.
- Iterate based on feedback and playtest data.
- Prioritize work: fixing issues, implementing feedback.
- Checking in files using Perforce.
Minimum qualifications for role consideration:
- Professional knowledge of an industrial-grade level design editor.
- Solid understanding of Unreal Engine 4.
- Adaptable and flexible to changing workflows and tasks.
- Solid understanding of constructing and iterating on levels for FPS.
- Proactive understanding of level optimization.
- Three years of industry level design experience or equivalent.
- Good understanding of version control Perforce.
- Passion for making games.
Additional qualifications that will move you up in the stack-ranking for consideration are:
- Experience with shipping video games.
- Experience with 3D programs to create basic art.
- Experience with procedural level design.
- Familiarity with console platforms such as Xbox One, Playstation 4, and Nintendo Switch
Please click the Apply Now link and send us your resume in PDF format, a note about why you want to work for New World, a link to your portfolio and where you saw the role posted.