June Update: Workshop and the Return of Sinjar
June 4, 2014
- New Map: Sinjar (Supports PVP and Coop).
- New Weapon: M-14 Enhanced Battle Rifle.
- Full Workshop Support (Custom game theaters, maps, weapon skins and audio packs).
- Added end-game map vote so players get to pick which map will be next on the rotation.
- Added “Remove All” and “Reset” buttons in Kit UI for quicker setup.
- Players can now change bot difficulty in Cooperative through voting.
- Added hipfire sway along with more realistic free aim recoil handling.
- Added server-side ConVar “mp_timelimit” which allows server admins to limit the time spent on a single game. Once the time has been reached, the map will change after the round has finished.
- Insurgent optics now work on Security weapons in Cooperative.
- Certain game modes have been removed from maps if the map / game mode combination was deemed by developers and testers as being less than ideal.
- Removed C4, RPGs and AT4s from Ambush and Infiltrate.
- Improved consistency and scalability of AI difficulty settings.
- AI can no longer see through bushes and other foliage (there may be a few exceptions, so if you discover an instance where they can see you through foliage, please report so we can fix).
- Infiltrate is now reinforcement based.
- Strike now has only 2 potential cache locations instead of 3.
- Addressed spawn camping in Buhriz Push.
- Players can now interrupt the bolting process to reload on bolt action weapons.
User Experience Improvements
- Servers are no longer restricted to a certain mapcycle in order to be joined via Matchmaking. – – Multiplayer modes have been moved to a single Matchmaking option.
- Players can no longer exit out of the squad selection menu before choosing their squad, thus putting them in limbo.
- Squad menu shows you if the team you’re on is attacking or defending in attack/defend modes.
- Added options for enabling/disabling game instructor and HQ messages in game settings.
- Added gameplay hints for taking enemy intel, protecting your team’s VIP and blowing up caches.
- Holographic optics now display crosshairs more realistically.
- Added achievement for completing Revolt Coop.
- Squad and kit selection buttons are hidden on the scoreboard when you’re a spectator.
Bug Fixes and Optimization
- Optimized network bandwidth usage.
- Reduced AI quantity in Cooperative to improve client and server performance.
- Fixed flickering between game modes when the squad menu is first opened.
- Fixed scoreboard breaking between playing coop and PVP games.
- Toggling ironsights will now no longer interrupt fire mode changing and cocking animations.
- Fixed special role not showing up when you look at someone.
- Fixed squad/team diamond overlapping with player name.
- Fixed a bug in Ambush where the VIP would get points when killed instead of the killer.
- Fixed voting not using the correct vote ratios.
Hot Fix – 5:30pm EST
- Fixed a client/server crash that would happen when a server reaches the end of its mapcycle.
- Added Sinjar_Coop completion achievement.
- Added tiered MVP achievements.