Posted on September 17, 2019
May 20, 2020
THIS ROLE IS LOCATED IN CALGARY, AB AND WE ARE ONLY CONSIDERING CANADIAN CITIZENS / PERMANENT RESIDENTS.
Are you a talented programmer looking to work on cutting-edge games?
New World Interactive is building our team in Calgary and we’re seeking a Gameplay programmer to join us as we continue working on Insurgency Sandstorm and move into production on our next FPS title. Please review the following details before applying:
- Writing high-quality C++ code with an understanding of gameplay systems.
- Participation in the design and implementation of gameplay code in accordance with design intentions.
- Working collaboratively with design on prototyping new gameplay concepts as well as iterating on and improving existing gameplay features.
- Working with artists and other programming disciplines to design systems to help support their work.
- Working with QA to fix tricky and obscure bugs.
Minimum qualifications for role consideration:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Passion for making games.
- Experience working collaboratively with others on games.
- Strong grasp of advanced programming techniques related to gameplay programming.
- Proficiency with Visual Studio using C++.
Additional qualifications that will move you up in the stack-ranking for consideration are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent 3+ years related work experience.
- Shipped at least one III, AA, or AAA title on multiple platforms.
- Familiarity with console platforms such as Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch.
- Proficiency with Unreal Engine 4 including the in-engine gameplay framework.
- Experience working with Perforce source control.
Please click the Apply Now link and send us your resume in PDF format, as well as a note about why you want to work for New World and where you saw the role posted.