Day of Infamy Patch August 5th
August 5, 2016
Today we are releasing an update to Day of Infamy that includes many improvements to AI behaviors, bug fixes, and stability improvements. Full changelist below:
- Reduced the amount of memory being used by the game. Crashing on OSX should be reduced as a result.
- Added new VO response for the Commonwealth officer and subordinate.
- Added bayonet option for M1 Carbine.
- The Sten, BAR, Thompson and all LMGs are now open bolt.
- Some bot count adjustments to Coop based on testing.
- AI behavior improvements:
- Bots throw smoke grenades more frequently if they have them.
- Bots should behave a bit more strategically and display a bit more caution when indoors and moving through corridors / doorways.
- Bots will now look around and scan the area when idle instead of just standing facing in the same direction.
- If a bot is low on ammo, it will not pursue enemies.
- New AI command response behaviors:
- “Need backup” has nearby AI teammates gather around you.
- “Move” sends AI teammates moving toward a particular location ahead.
- “Hold position” has AI teammates find cover nearby and hold their position.
- “Go” returns the AI to its default orders.
- “Request Smoke” adds a grenade target for nearby AI friendlies.
- “Spread out” makes your nearby AI teammates spread out.
- “Stick together” makes your nearby AI teammates tighten their formation.
- Bots will yell “Yes, sir” / “On the way” in response to commands.
- Fixed scoreboard overview and class options being cut off on ultra-wide resolutions.
- Getting kicked or timed out from a server will now show the main menu correctly.
- Reworked some of the AI path costing code, so bots should avoid using the same route over and over again.
- Fixed artillery assists not working.
- Kill notifications no longer uses a specific color if the person is in your squad (this may have been causing confusion if relative team colors were disabled).
- Improved ragdoll behavior.
- Fixed some material related exploits.
- Reduced instances of gear and weapon upgrades being visible or floating in the world when they shouldn’t be.
- Atmospheric bloom setting now saves and loads properly.
- New face models for Commonwealth.
- Updated StG-44 first person animations.
- M1 Carbine and Lewis texture improvements.
- Scaled up Lewis gun model in third person.
- Updated smoke particle.
- Reduced broken radio sizzle particle.
User Experience Improvements
- Updated American and Commonwealth class UI images.
- A summary of the news article is now displayed on the main menu.
- Added new loading screen hints for coop and single player modes.
- Dog Red
- Moved Offensive B objective to a different location.
- Tweaked flanking routes on the beach to make it a bit easier for Allies to Reach A.
- Reworked underground tunnel near Offensive B to make it less mazy.
- Added new area for Axis final radio location and spawn in Offensive.
- Adjusted several routes in the map to improve level flow for all modes.
- Soundscape fixes and updates.
- Fixed a displacement issue at A Offensive where players could get stuck.
- Added lights inside the beach bunkers.
- Axis can no longer spawn camp allies at Offensive C.
- Adjusted the church capture zone.
- Visual improvements to several buildings along the river.
- Added new props inside multiple buildings.
- Performance improvements throughout the map.
- Adjusted AI navmesh to repair stuck spot.
- Adjusted AI cover behavior at several locations.
- Fixed numerous environmental flaws.
- Added new props.
- Added several player clips to improve player movement.
- Added additional cover and altered terrain height in the map’s middle section.
- Optimized navmesh.