Conquer Update Changelist October 27, 2015
October 27, 2015
We are releasing an update to Insurgency today, which includes a new map, Linux support, new weapons, new weapon attachments, a new coop game mode, new AI, spectator improvements, improved grenade mechanics, grenade launcher sights, and more.
This update will be a large download because we have reworked our coop maps and merged them into our main maps. This means we now have support for Outpost Night, Hunt Day, Survival Day. There are now over three times the amount of cooperative scenarios, and the game takes up 1.5 gigabytes less space.
Insurgency is also being featured in the latest Humble Bundle. If you are interested in further supporting us, you can donate to the bundle and select “Developers” and then “Insurgency” in the sliders below.
New Engine Features
- SteamOS and Linux support
- Added official Steam Controller profile
New Game Features
- New Conquer Cooperative mode. Secure and hold three objectives, while seeking out enemy weapon caches to cripple their supply.
- New navigation mesh spawning system allowing the game to have three times more coop scenarios while reducing the game by 1.5gb on your hard drive. New coop scenarios which were previously not supported include Conquer (day and night), Hunt (day), Outpost (night) and Survival (day).
- All new AI behaviors including use of cover, retreating, weapon based stances, bipod usage, pistol swap, arousal system; improved combat logic, use of grenades and targeting system
- New environment interaction features including sprinklers, breakable radios, cash registers, breakable pots, improved breakable vehicle windows.
- Layout for Contact expanded, with day and night versions.
Weapons and Upgrades
- Galil assault rifle.
- Sterling sub machine gun.
- Model 10 revolver.
- Grenade launcher sights.
- Extended magazines.
- Updated M1 Carbine & L1A1 SLR models.
- Updated first person pistol animations.
- New M4A1, M16A4 & MK18 first person animations.
- New Grenade, Molotov, C4 & IED first person animations.
- 7x scope is now available on the M16A4 for the designated marksman.
- Extended grenade functionality:
- With cookable grenades, left click will release the spoon on the grenade and will start cooking immediately.
- Right click will prime a grenade without cooking and the left mouse button can be used to start cooking.
- Middle mouse button will prime a lob without cooking. Clicking either the left or right mouse button will begin cooking.
- New C4 “plant” function.
- Holding right click will stick the C4 to a surface you’re looking at if you’re close enough.
- Improved blinding effect of flashbangs, they will also suppress enemies who are blinded.
- New headshot sounds.
- Updated Classic cooperative playlist’s starting supply and enemy strength to be more of a mid-way point between Elite and Hardcore.
- New burned and blown-up skins for players who get killed in the corresponding way.
- Laser sights and flashlights can now be used when using the underbarrel grenade launcher.
- Lowered arm distance on launched smoke grenades.
- Laser sight is now shown during the weapon draw animation.
- Allow getting up from prone in water. In some rare occurrences a player could be stuck in prone underwater.
- Redesigned menu user interface
- New Community menu featuring Insurgency social networks
- New Help menu for customer support, mod making, and guides.
- New Solo menu for creating offline games against bots.
- Note: This is just the first small step towards overhauling all menus.
- Improved in-game controller support:
- Controller-specific recoil handling to make it more manageable.
- Added bindable combined actions:
- +stance: Press to toggle crouch, hold to prone.
- +usereload: Press to reload, hold to use.
- toggleprimarysecondary, togglemeleeexplosives for switching between those two weapon slots.
- Updated default Xbox 360 controller binds.
- Objective dock on the bottom of the screen better highlights the objective you are in.
- When switching to a weapon or gear item that would otherwise put you over the weight limit, the previous item in the same slot is no longer sold when the purchase is denied.
- Insurgent weapons now use the Security-style suppressors in coop.
- End-game map voting now shuffles the map selection by default. Server admins can revert to the old behavior by setting sv_map_voting_shuffle to 0.
- Added server cvar sv_alltalk_intermission so all talk at the start of the game and between rounds can be disabled (disabled by default in the Competitive Match theater).
- Added server cvar sv_alltalk_endgame for doing the same when the game ends.
- Workshop menu is now sorted alphabetically, separates published and subscribed files and is a lot more responsive.
- Added x-ray overlay which can be toggled with the firemode key (default X).
- Camera smoothing for the free fly spectator camera, disabed by default. To enable it enter the following commands. The amount of smoothing is configurable for every setting and the maximum banking angle can be adjust as well using spec_bank_angle (negative values make it bank in the other direction)
- spec_interpolate 1 (smooths mouse movement)
- spec_interpolate_position 1 (smooths out camera position changes)
- spec_bank 1 (enables yaw-based camera roll)
- Replaced Chromium HTML implementation with the one provided by Steam. This should resolve an issue that a limited number of users were having where the game would freeze on exit.
- Fixed crouch and stand transitions when leaning.
- Fixed grenade launcher not being dropped when a weapon with a grenade launcher was swapped with another.
- Firefight will now trigger the hero cap voice over.
- Added several new options to the “player_restrictions” block of a weapon:
- “allow_jump_shoot”: Allow shooting while jumping.
- “allow_reload_sprint”: Allow reload during a sprint.
- “allow_reload_jump”: Allow reload to continue while jumping.
- “allow_reload_crawl”: Allow reload during crawl.
- Added several new options to the “player_restrictions” block of a weapon:
- Please note that a lot of weapon upgrades were renamed to have a consistent naming convention.
- Added scroll bar support to the kit menu so custom theaters can list more than 5 weapons per slot.
- Added “AllowSuicideDetonation” (which allows the use of the detonator to blow yourself up) and “AllowPlant” (to enable planting like the C4) to remote detonation explosive definitions.
- Configurable free aim fraction per-weapon for ADS and non-ADS (“freeaim_frac”, “freeaim_frac_ads” under “freeaim” settings).
- Added “cost_modifiers” that can be applied at both team and squad level.
- Added “team_access” property for controlling team access to weapon upgrades in the same way that weapons can be.
- Added “magazine” weapon upgrade type which is used in the default theater for the extended magazine attachments. The “_MAGx” weapon activity suffixes are registered for 1-5. “magsize_override” can be used to define an override for the weapon’s magazine capacity.
- Added “RocketGravity” property to rocket definitions, if enabled the “Gravity” value will be used which defaults to 0.85 (like grenades).
- Flash and deafen effects can be delayed on flashbang grenades by adding a “FlashDelay” and “DeafenDelay” values.
- Added ins_explosion entity which creates explosion effects mimicking the effects of explosive weapons in the game.
- Added prop_sprinkler entity which allows mappers to easily create interactive fire sprinkler systems in their maps. trigger_grenade_extinguisher can also be used to create the same effect without a visible model.
- Added ExtinguishGrenade input to area of effect grenades.
- Added OnTakeExplosiveDamage output for dynamic props.
- Expanded capture zone for Push objective A and moved Security spawn back a bit.
- Moved Push objective C (and associated spawn points) and reworked surrounding area.
- New Push Last Stand area.
Check out our official roadmap to see what’s in store for the future.
Enjoy, and we’ll see you on the servers.