Head of Technology
Posted on July 8, 2019
Calgary, AB, Canada
- Provide technical oversight and leadership across the company’s different projects and infrastructure.
- Ensure games are built with the right methodology, uphold best coding practices, achieve performance targets, and pay consideration to long-term quality and future code-sharing.
- Provide technical expertise to develop leading-edge technologies from start to finish: architecture, design, prototyping, implementation, testing, debugging, documentation, profiling, maintenance, and support.
- Advise on the ongoing maintenance and security of infrastructure operations and cloud services including, but not limited to, servers, storage, networks, unified communications, endpoint management, and disaster recovery/business continuity.
- Support company management in incident reporting and responses that address security incidents, breaches, policy violations, or standard inquiries involving technology. Participate in investigations of misuse of technology resources by employees and/or third parties.
- Assist with prospective employee evaluations, interviewing, identification and selection.
- Measure and assess progress on technical initiatives, discover bottlenecks and find ways to maximize efficiency.
- 5+ years of experience in technical leadership role at reputable game studio.
- 10 years of experience in technology/engineering with strong understanding of game development engines, networking, gameplay programming, artificial intelligence and performance profiling.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills that contribute to overall organizational performance and to a positive, creative work environment.
- Expert understanding of current technology, middleware, and architecture choices, including their advantages and drawbacks.
- Experience developing games for console platforms with a strong understanding of associated design considerations, technical restraints and certification process.
- Extensive project management experience, from initiation and planning, to implementation and ongoing management, to completion.
- Experience with Perforce administration and deep understanding of various source control workflows and build management strategies.
- Experience developing with Unreal Engine 4.
- Previously shipped an FPS title.
- Experience in automating build/test/release processes.
- Strong understanding of live service operation constraints and considerations.
- Knowledge of and some experience with platform/commerce side of technologies.
- Highly collaborative with experience leading through influence.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in project management, prioritization frameworks, and guiding investment strategies in people and systems.