Head of Technology
Posted on July 8, 2019
Calgary, AB, Canada
Ever wonder why others can’t figure things out as quickly as you can?
Are you a detail freak?
Is your brain always in overdrive?
Do people bug you sometimes?
Most companies would run away from anyone that answered yes to these questions, but not New World. We love guys like you that get things done and are wicked smart.
We’re kind of a crazy, mixed up bunch of modders, hobbyists and consummate perfectionists that love building games and we’ve had some cool success along the way. Now all we need is a technology guru to help us get to the next milestone; no, it’s not world domination but rather just building the best, highly acclaimed, kick-ass, wildly successful video games on the planet.
Here are the minimum qualifications to be considered…
- 5+ years of experience in technical leadership role at reputable game studio.
- 10 years of experience in technology/engineering with strong understanding of game development engines, networking, gameplay programming, artificial intelligence and performance profiling.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills that contribute to overall organizational performance and to a positive, creative work environment.
- Expert understanding of current technology, middleware, and architecture choices, including their advantages and drawbacks.
- Experience developing games for console platforms with a strong understanding of associated design considerations, technical restraints and certification process.
- Extensive project management experience, from initiation and planning, to implementation and ongoing management, to completion.
- Experience with Perforce administration and deep understanding of various source control workflows and build management strategies.
Here are the extras that will really set you apart from the rest of the field:
- Experience developing with Unreal Engine 4.
- Previously shipped an FPS title.
- Experience in automating build/test/release processes.
- Strong understanding of live service operation constraints and considerations.
- Knowledge of and some experience with platform/commerce side of technologies.
- Highly collaborative with experience leading through influence.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in project management, prioritization frameworks, and guiding investment strategies in people and systems.
Interested? Please click the Apply Now link and send us your resume as well as a note about why you want to work for New World. In addition, please follow this link and complete our applicant survey.