Head of Marketing
Posted on July 9, 2019
Calgary, AB, Canada
September 1, 2019
The Head of Marketing is accountable for developing and executing strategies to represent New World Interactive’s IPs and corporate brand at a global level. This role works closely with senior management and project leads to integrate exciting, highly marketable experiences within our titles. In addition, this role is responsible for developing industry leading, bring-to-market strategies for our upcoming projects.
- Implement and evaluate post-release marketing initiatives in order to drive increased awareness, player activity, retention, monetization, brand loyalty and consumer advocacy.
- Develop complete bring-to-market strategies including first party, trade, content, event, display, and influencer marketing campaigns.
- Craft high level brand and PR strategies.
- Coordinate with Publishers, PR agencies, and other outsource content providers in order to deliver cohesive, high quality campaigns with clear messaging for consumers.
- Monitor emerging trends in the gaming industry.
- Identify new opportunities and risks within the market.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key contacts including; platform holders, first parties, hardware partners, retailers and social platforms.
- Create and present regular reports with evaluation and analytics for marketing campaigns and spends, working with senior management to allocate budgets and KPI’s.
- Create and present regular reports with market research including; product positioning, consumer trends, competitor analysis, and more to inform design and production related decisions.
- Represent New World Interactive at consumer, media, and industry events across the world, as an ambassador for the studio and our products.
- Drive an increase in both the volume and quality of New World’s media coverage.
- Oversee all social and online platforms. Design and analyze performances of social/ad Campaigns.
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience in roles requiring program management, data analysis, process improvements, creative problem solving, cross-functional collaboration.
- College degree in marketing, advertising, or a related field.
- Direct in-studio game industry experience.
- Proven track record of developing marketing plans and expanding marketing capabilities for growing companies.
- Fluent and up-to-date with the latest digital technology and social media trends.
- Proven hands-on experience in Social Media management and Public Relations.
- Strong knowledge of b2c focused digital, event and trade marketing.
- Knowledge of and passion for video games, especially PC and console games.
- Strong leadership skills and executive level decision-making experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Highly self-motivated and proactive with ability to work with minimal supervision and in a team environment.
- Strong planning and project management skills and exceptional analytical skills.
- Ability to work swiftly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong creative marketing vision / digital content creation skills.
- 3+ years in-studio experience.
- Marketed successfully launched games on PC and/or console platforms.
- Knowledge of game platforms and game industry in general.
Applications MUST include:
- Cover Letter telling us why you are passionate about working at NWI.