Full Stack Game Programmer
Posted on July 9, 2019
Calgary, AB, Canada
- Develop and maintain high-volume, highly scalable distributed systems, both player-facing and internal.
- Develop web services supporting PC and game console clients, browser clients and external server clients.
- Enhance and maintain existing backend services.
- Administrate, monitor and debug backend servers.
- Evaluate and recommend potential technologies and partners.
- Analyze and mitigate platform costs.
- Contribute to internal tools for assisting development and for maintaining services.
- Integrate with numerous external APIs, from first parties to infrastructure providers.
- Integrate services into game client and servers.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience developing applications with C# and or C++.
- Positive attitude, strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Direct experience coding networking systems and solving networking problems.
- Passion for making games.
- At least one shipped console or PC title.
- Familiarity with networking systems and their components including: DNS, NAT, firewalls, security methods, peer-to-peer and client server models.
- Experience with online game service APIs, particularly Steamworks, Xbox Live and Sony NP.
- Cloud experience such as Amazon Web Services or other cloud solutions.
- Experience working with Perforce source control.
- Shipped multiple game titles on PC and console platforms.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
Applications MUST include:
- Cover Letter telling us why you are passionate about working at NWI.