Posted on February 4, 2020
Calgary, AB, Canada
- Develop and maintain high-volume, highly scalable distributed systems, both player-facing and internal.
- Develop web services supporting PC and game console clients, browser clients and external server clients.
- Enhance and maintain existing backend services.
- Administrate, monitor and debug backend servers.
- Evaluate and recommend potential technologies and partners.
- Analyze and mitigate platform costs.
- Contribute to internal tools for assisting development and for maintaining services.
- Integrate with numerous external APIs, from first parties to infrastructure providers.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience developing backend applications with C#/.NET.
- Positive attitude, strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Passion for making games.
- Cloud experience such as Amazon Web Services or other cloud solutions.
- Experience with relational database systems such as PostgreSQL and Microsoft SQL Server.
- At least one shipped console or PC title.
- Experience with online game service APIs, particularly Steamworks, Xbox Live and Sony NP.
- Experience working with Perforce source control.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
Applications MUST include:
- Cover Letter telling us why you are passionate about working at NWI.