Posted on May 20, 2020
May 20, 2020
THIS ROLE IS LOCATED IN CALGARY, AB AND WE ARE ONLY CONSIDERING CANADIAN CITIZENS / PERMANENT RESIDENTS.
Are you a talented animation programmer looking to work on cutting-edge games?
New World Interactive is building our team in Calgary and we’re seeking an Animation programmer to join us as we continue working on Insurgency Sandstorm and move into production on our next FPS title. Please review the following details before applying:
- Working with a technical animator to ensure animation is performant.
- Implementing animation graph nodes and tools for animators to help reduce an animator’s workload and/or achieve higher quality animation.
- Actively looking for new and innovative animation techniques that will help achieve high-quality animation.
- Converting animation Blueprint to C++ code where applicable.
- Documenting new or modified animation features and sharing that information with the art team.
Minimum qualifications for role consideration:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Passion for making games.
- Experience working collaboratively with others on games.
- Strong grasp of advanced programming techniques related to animation programming.
- Proficiency with Unreal Engine 4, including writing code in C++ and using animation Blueprint.
Additional qualifications that will move you up in the stack-ranking for consideration are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent 3+ years related work experience.
- Shipped at least one III, AA or AAA title on multiple platforms.
- Familiarity with console platforms such as Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch.
- Experience working with Perforce source control.
Please click the Apply Now link and send us your resume in PDF format, as well as a note about why you want to work for New World and where you saw the role posted. In addition, please follow this link and complete our applicant survey.